Types of Damages You May Be Entitled to in a Personal Injury Case
If you have been injured as a result of someone’s negligence or intended harmful action, damages may be available as compensation for what you have endured. Damages refer to monetary compensation provided as part of a personal injury settlement – the amount will depend upon how serious your injuries were, their circumstances of occurrence and any financial losses sustained as a result of them.
Here is an outline of damages you could be eligible to recover in a personal injury claim:
- Medical Expenses: Under your personal injury claim for medical costs related to an injury – doctor visits, medication costs, therapy sessions or rehabilitation expenses – you could receive reimbursement.
- Lost Wages: In case your injury has kept you away from work during its recovery process, compensation could be available for lost wages.
- Pain and Suffering: Additionally, compensation could also be awarded for physical pain experienced because of your accident.
- Loss of Consortium: If an injury has impacted the relationship with your spouse or partner, compensation could be granted for the loss of companionship, love and affection that has occurred.
- Property Damage: If an accident caused damage to your property, which in turn led to injury, then compensation could be available for repairs or replacement costs.
- Punitive Damages: Under some circumstances, courts can award punitive damages as a form of punishment against individuals for engaging in reckless or intentional conduct that causes significant injury to others. Usually this punishment comes when their behavior was especially indefensible.
- Wrongful Death: If someone else’s negligence or intentional action caused the death of your loved one, they may be entitled to financial and emotional compensation from those responsible.
At Williams Litigation Group, our experienced personal injury lawyers understand all aspects of personal injury law and can assist in helping clients receive the full and fair compensation that is owed them for their injuries. They work tirelessly to make sure you receive your full and just settlement award.
Please call us toll free at 866-214-7036 or fill out the contact form on our website. Serving Brunswick, GA and Glynn, Camden, Brantley, Wayne, Ware and McIntosh Counties.